Monday 11 September 2017

God to man

I guess I'll write in English. No English, no Italian, just a Neapolitan song translated to Min Nan. Yeah, a quite peculiar translation, from dialect to dialect :). With English translation sided with the original. This was first put together in a Facebook note. Before that note, however, it was sent in pieces to my chat with myself. Let's look at the pieces:
  1. 8/10/16, in a combo of messages (22:04 lines 1-4 of verse 1, 22:17 last couplet of verse 2, 22:30 end of verse 1, 22:38 chorus, 22:48 just "tsue-tsong" from V2L2, 22:55 First two lines of verse 2, 23:06 middle couplet of that verse), we find the version below, with characters sided with Tai-lo, except for:
    1. L. 1, lâ typo for lâi; fixed in subsequent message;
    2. Chorus, no repetition; never bothered to double the chorus :);
    3. Chorus, «Tān lí m- siūnn tio|h guá.»; that's just diacritics not on the phone, fixed in drafting;
    4. Verse 2 l. 1, 啊妈 | a-má was since updated to 啊妈 | má-mah, which I will now reflect in the characters since those were not updated even in the post;
    5. Verse 2 l. 4, 洗荡 | sē-tn-g has since been updated to 洗净 | sé-tsīng; presumably fixed while drafting post, appears fixed in 29/1/18 post save;
    6. Following line, hō typo for hōo; fixed in subsequent message;
    7. Following line, lâi is traditional in the chars; presumably fixed while drafting post, appears fixed in 29/1/18 post save;
    8. Second chorus ditto to above;
    9. Verse 3 missing, but see below;
  2. Same day at 23:06, another message corrects the lâ typo (item a), updates sē-t-ng to sé-tn-g (cfr. item e), fixes hō (item f);
  3. Same day at 23:45, we have verse 3 with:
    1. 奔逃 for 奔走; note fixes this in transliteration but not characters; by the 29/1/18 post save, it's fixed;
    2. "Jit-gueh" written with | instead of vertical lines above the vowels; that's just diacritics not on the phone, fixed in drafting;
    3. tán tio|h; ditto;
    4. tng/--lâi; ditto;
    5. Tsua|t-tuì; ditto;
    6. Kin-li|t; ditto;
    7. 明仔仔載 (note final traditional char), no following lâi; fixed in post save, not in note; note actually has correct Tai-lo and incorrect characters;
  4. 23:45 message from same day just combines these.
There are a few changes from the note to here, mostly fixed on the post's drafting date of 4/9/17:
  1. 啊妈 a-má -> 妈妈 má-mah, fixed in the Tai-lo at 15:[09:47,10:12] on drafting day, and in the characters only with history edit of 11/3/23;
  2. 洗荡 sé-tn-g -> 洗净 sé-tsīng, fixed at 14:59:14 on drafting day in the characters and at 15:11:40 in Tai-lo; [cfr. item e above]
  3. 奔逃 phun-tsáu -> 奔走 phun-tsáu, fixed at 15:01:36 on drafting day; [cfr. item I above]
  4. 明仔仔載 bîn-á-tsài lâi -> 明仔载来 bîn-á-tsài lâi, where the incorrect 仔 is fixed to 載 at 15:04:41 on drafting day, whereas the 載 is fixed to 来 at 15:04:51.
There's also the traditional lái noted in item g, and the huílái gloss should read huí dào. [What follows is a thought process that ends up scrapped.] Maybe make it "na li beh tng--tioh gua", I wrote on 11/1/22 at 13:27. Apparently I wanted to change 如果想欲想要转来回来我 to 如果我, which doesn't fit the tune. I thought of tng kau at 18:04 16/4/22 as I edited these in, so let's implement just the verb change. Actually, scratch all that.
Here we go!

Dio a l'ommo

Primma che luce e angelo
Avess’io creato,
Ommo crudele, ‘ngrato,
Pensaje pe’ te sarvà.
Tanno dicette figliemo:
Corr’io quando vorraje.

I’ te voglio bene assaje
E tu nun pienze a me (2v.)

‘Nchiaccato ncuorp’a mammeta
La corpa te facette,
Ma ‘o sango mio spennette
Pe te putè lavà.
E pò te dette n’angiolo
Che vene addò tu vaie…

I’ te voglio bene assaje
E tu nun pienze a me (2v.)

Viè ca li juorne fujeno!
La morte n’aspettare:
Si a me tu vuò turnare
Nun fa difficultà.
Nun fa’ cunn’a tant’autre
Dicenno: e ogge e craie…

I’ te voglio bene assaje
E tu nun pienze a me (2v.)



上帝对人类讲话

我来为你天使
光明创造以前,
残忍忘恩负义的人,
我想怎保存你.
我的契囝儿子按呢这样讲:
你想,我就跑啊.

我真真惜命命很珍惜,
但你我.(两次)

在你妈妈的身体内
罪狀来你脏啊,
但我來開用我的血
为着会洗净你.
以后交予交给你天使,
你去,就来陪伴...

我真真惜命命很珍惜,
但你我.(两次)

日月来比较快奔走啊!
毋通不要死亡:
如果想欲想要转来回到我,
绝对困难啊.
毋通不要像多人一样讲:
"今日来,明仔载明天来"...

我真真惜命命很珍惜,
但你我.(两次)

God to man

Before light and angel
I had created,
Cruel, ungrateful man,
I thought of how to save you.
Thus said my son:
I will run when you want.

I love you a lot
And you don't think of me (2v.)

Dirty in your mother's body
Guilt made you,
But my blood I spent
To be able to wash you.
And then I gave you an angel
Who comes where you go…

I love you a lot
And you don't think of me (2v.)

See that the days fly!
Don't wait for death:
If you want to come back to me
It doesn't pose any trouble.
Don't do like many others
Saying: today, tomorrow…

I love you a lot
And you don't think of me (2v.)



Siōng-tè tùi jîn-lūi kóng uē

Guá lâi uī lí kā thinn-sài
Kah kong-bîng tshòng-tsõ í-tsîng,
Tsân-lím bõng-un-hū-gī ê lâng,
Guá siūnn tsuánn pó-tsûn lí.
Guá ê khuè-kiánn tõ án-ne kóng:
Lí siūnn-beh, guá tõ pháu--ah.

Guá tsin-tsin kā lí sioh-miā-miā,
Tān lí m siūnn-tio̍h guá.

Tsāi lí má-mah ê sin-thé lāi
Tsuē-tsõng lâi hõo lí tsõng--ah,
Tān guá lâi khai-īng guá ê hueh
Uī-tio̍h ē sé-tsīng lí.
Í-āu kau hõo lí thinn-sài,
Lí khì, i tõ lâi puê-phuānn...

Guá tsin-tsin kā lí sioh-miā-miā,
Tān lí m siūnn-tio̍h guá.

Ji̍t-gue̍h lâi khah khuài phun-tsáu--ah!
Tshiánn m--thang tán tio̍h sí-bông:
Nā lí siūnn-beh tńg--lâi guá,
Tsua̍t-tuì bô khùn-lân--ah.
M--thang tshiūnn to lâng it-iūnn kóng:
"Kin-li̍t lâi, bîn-á-tsài lâi"...

Guá tsin-tsin kā lí sioh-miā-miā,
Tān lí m siūnn-tio̍h guá.

No comments:

Post a Comment