Tuesday 15 August 2017

Deep love still

Today I bring you the last "Deep Love" song. It is a Hakka song I bumped into when I was still in the last year of high school, or perhaps in the summer of that year, so just after the final exam. More specifically, the song first appears in a Google Translate saved window from 13/7/12 at 11:47, a file last edited 5/8/12 at 19:26 doesn't have the translation, and said translation first appears in a file last edited 18/8/12 at 15:27, so that's the timeframe. Indeed, the translation is manuscripted on the printout of the 28/7 file, and the mega-intro dates it to 11/8/12. The manuscript differs from the original translation below in the lines «Thought of marriage to» (spello), «Never left did we part» ("Never left each other", then realized it had one syllable too many as I wrote?), «We ha’d sworn our hearts would not move», «Love’s a sicknes hard to cure» (spello again), «Don’t wana speak say urwhat’s past», «Craziin lovely I deeply love you».
The 18/8 file's translation, given below as the original, is full of mistakes due to not understanding the dialect at all past what the characters would give me. And not even that, since 开心 means happy even in Mandarin.
The change «Said that you were right to go» -> «Didn’t say why you left me» first appears in a PDF from 31/3/13 at 16:45 after not appearing in another PDF from 17/9/12 at 16:45. That PDF, however, is much the same as an earlier 17/3 mail attachment. Still the timeframe is huge.
The reworked translation below only first appears in a TeX file last edited on 29/1/18 at 11:48. However, this Hakka:Verse post dated 5/8/2017 at 16:42 suggests I only took this up again at that point, and indeed some points were still not understood.
This SE question from 13/8/17 at 12:09 shows there were still points I didn't understand. I presume the translation was fixed between the appearance of the answer, 13/8/17 at 14:30, and the posting of this post, 15/8/17 ~11:26.
To be specific, the change "Open hearts" -> "Happily" probably happened together with the Fb post (apparently 15/8 11:23:~30), the change "We were two" -> "Two for life" was definitely tied to the SE question (apparently 15/8 11:24), and the other change, for the last line of the song, I don't know how to date (apparently 15/8 11:24 after "Two for life"). I mean, the SE question still shows doubt on the subject of "oi" in that line, and I wonder when I finally learned 讲汝知 means "let you know" in Hakka. Anyway, as always, the Hakka spelling and transliteration is as described here.
After making rhyming remake, Chinese, Albanian, and Greek, to use this non-rhyming version as a literal version before the rhyming one, at 2:55 on 21/1/23 I change «To forget how love made us so glad» into «To forget love made us glad each day», and «We went round and held our hands» into «We went everywhere holding hands / We went holding hands everywhere», and I prefer the first option.
On 17/1/23, in a moment when I'm not willing to work, after doing the rhyming remake here, at 19:46-20:07 I do the one below, and then tweak it 15:54 the next day.
Then I quickly make a Chinese version on 18/1/23 at 17:32-17:36, tweaking it the next day at 12:37.
As a column filler, I go with Albanian on 18/1/23, doing l. 1 at 17:39 and the rest at 22:54-23:52. I ask for corrections on Quora, get a comment, and post this on 20-21/1/23, then proceeding to tweak it as described in that answer, until at 0:28 I'm at the below version, still waiting for someone to comment on that answer.
As a mega-challenge, to close the post for now, we have the Greek. I started it at 15:17-15:25 on 19/1/23, doing the first half, and finished it 15:37-15:55, and am still waiting for approval by Kika, after implementing some corrections and proposing a variant of the second half of the first half of this song, originally «Την παντρεία μας / Συζητούσαμε / Και μαζί για πάντα / Νά 'μαστε.». But the 18:37 idea «Για το γάμος μας / Μιλϊόμασταν, / Και "μαζί για πάντα" / Ορκιζόμασταν!» isn't the end of the story, because at 20:00 Kika suggests «το γάμο μας σκεφτόμασταν/συλλογιζόμασταν/συλλογιώμασταν» which I make into «Και το γάμος μας / Το σκεφτόμασταν» at 22:46. Let's see if she has an even better option to offer :).


张少林的“深深爱”(客家话)

难忘记
两人相爱每日都欢喜
开心
行街走路牵手哪儿都去
还将婚姻提
永远不分离
齐家你我发誓心不移
结连理

一下变心
讲分手道理
伤心
人相思病难医
夜夜醉么人
过去想提
每日都想
人痴迷
深深爱
亲口讲
Deep love (Hakka)

* It is hard
To forget how love made us so glad
Open hearts
We went round and held our hands
Thought of marriage too
Never did we part
We’d sworn our hearts would not move,
We were two

# Then you changed heart
Said that you were right to go
I am sad
Love’s a sickness hard to cure
Each night I drink, who knows?
Don’t wanna say what’s past
Each day I think of you
Crazily,
I deeply love you
Love itself says you know
Deep love (Hakka)

* It is hard
To forget love made us glad each day
Happily
We went everywhere holding hands
Thought of marriage too
Never did we part
We’d sworn our hearts would not move:
Two for life

# Then you changed heart
Didn’t say why you left me
I am sad
Love’s a sickness hard to cure
Each night I drink, who knows?
Don’t wanna say what’s past
Each day I think of you
Crazily,
I deeply love you
I should tell you myself
Deep love (Hakka)

* How should I
Forget what joy love gave you and me?
We hung out
Holding hands so happily!
We had said that we'd
Always together be,
Our hearts parted ne'er would be:
Thus swore we!

# Then your mind changed,
For no reason you left me.
Woe is me!
This lovesickness is so strong for me!
Who knows I drink constantly?
The past means naught to me,
Each day I'm missing thee,
Crazily,
I love you deeply!
I should tell you pers'nally!



难忘记
两人相爱每日都欢喜
好开心
走路牵手哪儿都去
还将婚姻提
永远不分离
我两发誓心不移
结连理

一下变心
没说分手的道理
我伤心
人相思病好难以
夜夜醉,谁认知?
过去不想记
每日都想到你
好痴迷,
我深深爱你
该亲口告诉你



Πως να ξεχνώ
Την χαρά του (χρώνου) ότι αγαπιόμασταν;
Πως παντού
Χέρι-χέρι χαιρόμασταν.
Και το γάμος μας
Το σκεφτόμασταν,
Και "μαζί για πάντα"
Ορκιζόμασταν!

Άλλαξες γνώμη,
Έφυγες χωρίς γιατί.
Τι λύπη!
Αχ, λαχτάρα αγιάτρευτη!
Κάθε νύχτα μεθώ.
Ανεξάρτητ' απ' το παρελθόν,
Κάθε μέρα σε λαχταρώ,
Σαν τρελό,
Βαθιά σ' αγαπώ!
Προσωπικά θα στο πω
Cong Sháu-lîm kài "chim-chim kài òi"

Nân mông-kì
Lióng-nyîn siong-òi mui nyit tu fon-hí
Àn khoi-sím
Hâng kai khen-shíu lái tu hì
Hân tsiong fun-yin thì
Yún-yén put fun-lî
Tshê-ka fat-shìi sim put yî
Ket liên-li

Yit-hà pièn-sim
Mâu kóng fun-shíu kè thàu-li
Ngâi shong-sim
Nyîn siong-sii-phiàng hè nân-yì
Yá-yá tsùi mài-nyîn ti
Kò-hì m sióng thì
Mui nyit tu sióng táu nyî
Nyîn chii-mî
Ngâi chim-chim òi nyî
Òi tshin-héu kóng nyî ti



Dashni e thell' (Hakka)

* S' muj me harru
Sa dashnia jon' na jepte g'zim
Shum' të g'zu
Tu majt’ durt kudo ēcnim
Donim m' u martu
Me kon bashk' n' përjet'si
Zemrat tona kurr’ m'u veçu
Kishim premtu

# Mendim ndryshove
Pa arsye je largu
Jom trishtu
O i vështir' mallin m'e shëru
Kush e di sa pij un'?
Plot' malli gjithmon'
Çfar'do q' kemi përjetu
Jom tranu,
Oh sa thell' të du
Vet’ duhet me ta tregu



Nán wàngjì
Liǎng rén xiāng'ài měi rì dōu huānxǐ
Hǎo kāixīn
Zǒulù qiānshǒu nǎr dōu qù
Hái jiāng hūnyīn tí
Yǒngyuǎn bù fēnlí
Wǒliǎng fāshì xīn bù yí
Jié liánlǐ

Yīxià biànxīn
Méi shuō fēnshǒu de dàolǐ
Wǒ shāngxīn
Rén xiāngsībìng hǎo nányǐ
Yèyè zuì, shuírèn zhī?
Guòqù bù xiǎng jì
Měi rì dōu xiǎng dào nǐ
Hǎo chīmí,
Wǒ shēnshēn ài nǐ
Gāi qīnkǒu gàosù nǐ



Pōs na xekhnṓ
Ti̱n khará toy (khrṓnoy) óti agapiómastan?
Pōs pantoý
Khéri-khéri khäriómastan.
Kä to gámos mas
To skeftómastan,
Kä "mazí gia pánta"
Orkizómastan!

Állaxes gnṓmi̱,
Éfyges khōrís giatí.
Ti lýpi̱!
Akh, lakhtára agiátref̆ti̱!
Káthe nýkhta methṓ.
Anexárti̱t' ap' to parelthón,
Káthe méra se lakhtarṓ,
San treló,
Vathiá s' agapṓ!
Prosōpiká tha sto pō

No comments:

Post a Comment